Sovereign’s services provided to you as a landlord
Property Condition Report
This is a detailed written report and photographic log carried out to accurately record the condition of both the interior and exterior features of the property, making note of the age, wear, and tear, make and model, colour etc. to form an agreed condition of the property at the commencement of each tenancy.
The report is read and signed by your in-going tenants and is the basis and guide for both property managers and tenants to maintain and care for the property throughout the tenancy. This report then becomes the critical guide when the tenant vacates to ensure that the property is returned, allowing for wear and tear, in its original condition.
- Written notice to the tenant 7 - 14 days before an inspection is carried out.
- Thorough inspection of the premises inside and out.
- Compilation of the report.
- Copy left for the tenant with comments and instructions for any items which need to be remedied.
- Free re-inspection of your property to ensure the tenan has rectified the items which require addressing.
- Follow up on maintenance items identified at the inspection.
- Notice to the tenant regarding breaches of agreemen identified at the inspection.
- A copy posted to landlord with the end of month statement.
- One hard copy placed on the file.
- An inspection at the 1st six weeks of the tenancy and 3 monthly thereafter.
- Handling of all the enquiries regarding the Letting of your property.
- Collection of rent and issuing of trust account receipts.
- Banking of rental payments.
- Handling of all tenant maintenance calls.
- Organisation of tradespeople to carry out
- Liaison with tenant for access to carry out
- Full accounting of monthly transactions and issue of statements to landlords.
- Management of tenant arrears.
- Preparation of breach and termination notices for rent arrears together with any court preparation documents.
- Communication with parties concerned over the renewal of agreements.
- Preparation and follow up of renewal of any agreements.
- Insurance claims.
- Supply of standards and industry forms, documents, legal documents to comply with the Residential Tenancy Act 1987.
- Preparation of correspondence to tenants, landlords, contractors, councils, authorities etc..
- Arranging viewings of the property by prospective tenants including home opens if required.
- Assisting with the completion of the application form.
- Interviewing prospective tenants.
- Checking all references, employment, previous rental history and the tenancy database for defaulting tenancy information.
- Discuss and review applications with the property owners
- Preparation of legal documentation on the correct forms compliant with the Residential Tenancies Act.
- Make an appointment with the tenant to sign lease together with any special conditions and bond lodgment documents. Fully explain to tenants their rights and obligations under the lease and provide a duly signed copy of the lease document and REIWA 'rights and duties' information sheet.
- Calculation, collection and receipting of bond money and initial rent payment.
- Lodgment of Bond documentation and monies with the Bond Administrator.
- Creation of file for all documentation and input details into management software program.
- Carry out a thorough inspection of the property inside and out.
- Compare all items recorded on the property condition report lodged at the beginning of the tenancy.
- Amend the property condition report to record any improvements made during the term of the tenancy.
- Prepare and list all items to be attended to by the tenant prior to bond Release.
- Follow up outstanding items with tenant or arrange tradesperson to attend.
- Finalise bond statement and bond release documents.
- Disburse all bond monies as per the agreed bond
- Maintain complete archive records of tenancy for 7 years